1963 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III SCT100
Sale price: $US $3,905.00 make an offer
Last update: 11.09.2016
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Model:||Silver Cloud III|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1963 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III SCT100 for sale
1963 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III SCT100 "Baby Phantom" EARLS COURT SHOW CAR!!
The Old Oregon Motor Company presents:
1963 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III SCT100 "Baby Phantom" by James Young. White/Brown leather/Beige broadcloth. This is the first Silver Cloud III SCT100 produced. It was coach-built by James Young Ltd. and displayed at the Earl's Court Motor Show in October. 1962. This occasion is believed to be the first public appearance of the iconic Silver Cloud III body style. which affords this car a special place in Rolls-Royce history. A photo of the car appears in Lawrence Dalton's book "Rolls-Royce--The Elegance Continues". One of 32 RHD examples built. Fewer still have an electric divider window as does this car.
The car has 31K original miles. It has been regularly serviced. the last service being this past January. Everything works. The exhaust is original and is perhaps the next project needing attention. The car has been used for wedding duties in recent years and could continue to do such work today. However. the paint is best described as a "20-footer" with cracking in the front of the car that will likely require attention. There is also a sizable dent behind the bumper in the right rear. The front leather/rear broadcloth interior is completely original and quite lovely and well preserved. The original wood is very nice with just some slight finish issues.
The last James Young coach-built Rolls produced. an SCT100 variant known as an SC179. sold at the RM/Sotheby Monterey auction last year for $264K. We have located both LHD and RHD examples of the SCT100 available in Europe with prices of $240K. This car is far less money and represents a rare opportunity. Don't miss it!
In fairness to all Bidders. reserve prices are always held in confidence.
Buyer will be responsible for his own Licensing Requirements in State of residence. Buyer can inspect vehicle at our premises BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call Bill Penny at (503) 209-5510 to schedule appointment. Seller reserves the right to cancel your bid if you have any negative feedback. DEALERS ARE WELCOME TO BID! Please call Bill Penny with all of your questions prior to bidding at 503-209-5510! NO EMAILS PLEASE. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction early. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation. Winning Bidder must confirm his winning bid with a $500 PayPal Deposit immediately after the end of the auction. Balance of Purchase Price is due to Seller within 5 days of Winning Bid.
TERMS OF SALE
1. Please be sure to have all monies (loans or financing approved or in place) before making your final bid. We appreciate your business and want to handle the transaction as smoothly and expeditiously as possible.
2. We accept Certified & Cashier's Checks and Bank transfers in US Dollars only.
3. The deposit is due immediately after auction closure. The balance is due within 5 days after auction closure. If the deposit is not received within 48 hours of the close of auction or if the balance is not paid in full within 5 days following the close of auction. we reserve the right to relist the vehicle or to sell it to the next highest bidder or another qualified buyer.
4. Our goal is to continue providing quality vehicles. It is important to keep in mind that the vehicles we list are pre-owned. and it is very difficult to describe every small mark on them. As a consequence there may be additional minor wear on the vehicle that is typical of the age. such as minor superficial hairline scratches. small nicks and minor abrasions that are not indicated in this description. These factors will not detract from the overall appearance and value of the vehicle. Minor items such as cigarette lighters. manuals and CD magazines may also be missing.
5. To the best of our knowledge we have indicated any mechanical problems that are present in the description above. However. we are selling the vehicle "as is". without warranty other than any existing factory warranty that may still remain. In many cases we can provide extended service contracts at additional charge. Please inquire for details. Unless the vehicle has a remaining factory warranty. all sales are "AS-IS" with no warranty.
6. eBay may offer some type of warranty. If so. that warranty is separate and independent of Oregon Motor Company.
7. Buyer pays all shipping charges and makes all final arrangements with the shipping company. We sell locally and internationally and will be happy to assist you if you need help finding a shipping company. Please call Bill Penny at (503) 209-5510 and I'll be happy to get you a competitive rate quote.
8. All bidders understand and agree to the following:
i. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction.
ii. We reserve the right to cancel bids from those with excessive negative feedback.
iii. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation.
9. The State of Oregon shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes. Venue shall be exclusively in Clackamas County. The final contract signed between both buyer and seller shall be binding. The final signed contract and terms thereof shall govern the sale. All disputes arising out of or relating to this auction. any negotiations. the Signed agreement. or to the breach. enforcement or interpretation thereof. shall be resolved by binding arbitration in Oregon. in accordance with the terms contained in the final sale agreement and under the laws of the state of Oregon.
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
1. No bid retractions in the last 24 hours of auction please. If there are bid retractions in the last 24 hours. we may cancel all bids. end the auction early and relist this vehicle to protect the integrity of the auction process.
2. Remember your obligation as a bidder and eBay Community member. Don't Bid unless you have the ability and you intend to purchase the vehicle. Bidders must have cash or available financing before bidding on our vehicles.
3. Remember that you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described vehicle from Oregon Motor Company. This is our business and we take it very seriously. Therefore. we reserve the right to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone that intentionally interferes with our auctions or our ability to effectively sell our vehicles.
4. All "Reserve Met" bidders will be contacted by e-mail before the end of the auction to determine the veracity of their bid. If the legitimacy of the bid can not be verified. the bid may be cancelled to protect the integrity of the auction process.
5. We respect all of our customers - locally and now nationally and internationally here on eBay! We are happy to make all of our vehicles available for all qualified bidders that are registered in the eBay Community.
The Old Oregon Motor Co. takes its name from the original Oregon Motor Company. a Ford dealership established in Portland in 1904. In 1916. the company moved into their permanent showroom located downtown at NW 8th Ave. and Davis Street. Today. the building is an art gallery and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Unlike its namesake. The Old Oregon Motor Co. does not have a retail location but rather is virtual in nature. Our cars can often be found on eBay under our user ID oregonmotorcompany. If you wish to view our inventory in person. showings are by appointment only. Our proprietor. Bill Penny. has been selling classic cars for over 30 years. He has worked as a salesman for some of the most prestigious dealerships on the West Coast. They include The Chequered Flag of Beverly Hills. Silicon Valley Auto Group. the Imperial Palace Auto Collection. Northwest Investment Cars. and Monte Shelton Motor Company. He also has been employed by Keith Martin's Sports Car Market magazine. The Old Oregon Motor Co. was established on January 1st. 2011 and is licensed. bonded. and insured in the State of Oregon under dealer's license number DA 3528. Below is a photo of the original Oregon Motor Company showroom as it appears today with the Overland building behind it. Note the faded Overland signage on the defunct auto elevator shaft.
Please call Bill Penny at (503) 209-5510 anytime.
Auctiva Free Image Hosting. Show off your items with
Auctiva's Listing Templates
Auctiva. br>THE simple solution for eBay sellers. On Jul-22-16 at 16:57:15 PDT. seller added the following information:
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Rolls-Royce cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $48,000.001962 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud II
price: £5,995.00Roll Royce Silver Spirit Automatic TAX, MOT,
price: $43,422.001988 Rolls Royce Corniche II Convertible 46K miles One Owner NO RESERVE AUCTION
price: £29,950.00ROLLS ROYCE 20/25 1934 PARK ROYAL OWNER DRIVER SALOON