1964 Land Rover Defender
Sale price: $10,500.00 make an offer
Last update: 01.09.2016
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||No Engine included.|
|Trim:||wagon 4 doors with rear door|
|Interior Color:||green and black|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1964 Land Rover Defender for sale
Current customer rating: (21 votes) based on
The Cummins 4bt diesel engine would be perfect.
Transmission includes an overdrive 4 speed and seems to be all intact with transfer case and drive lines. Salsibury new rear diff also included. The salsibury diff is much stronger than the original Rover diff and is far superior.
1) Drivers side frame at the front spring attachment point for the rear spring is an issue. This is the most serious part and I would classify it as borderline structural. Can be repaired.
2) Drivers side rear outrigger. This is totally shot. reason is obvious - it is completely full of dirt. Outriggers are structural
but only part of the support so at this point it is not a big deal and they are easily replaced.
3) Front of front frame horns - easily repaired and not structural.
4) Rear cross member - minor and non structural and can be repaired.
Overall I would rate the frame as definitely not in need of replacement and only in need of some minor repair.
1) Bulkhead - There has been some repair on the bulkhead. primarily the floorboards. The rest of the bulkhead appears to be in better shape than I initially thought but a full evaluation would require stripping paint etc. and I don't think that is called for at this point.
2) Doors - the bottoms of both front doors have had some repair i. e. lower steel frame has been replaced. Also there is evidence of some
galvanic corrosion on the skins. Rear doors appear to have some galvanic corrosion on the bottoms.
3) B & C pillars - both appear sound. which is surprising and very good.
4) Window tracks all need to be replaced.
This is the report that was given to me from Great Basin Rovers. They are a land rover shop that has been doing restoration of Land Rovers for many years located in SLC Utah.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Rover cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £19,995.00MINI COOPER 2001 - COVERED ONLY 46 MILES FROM NEW - MUST BE THE LOWEST MILEAGE !
price: £8,995.001996 Rover Mini Cooper 35 1 of 200 Ever Made!!
price: £2,995.001989 rover mini 30 limited edition classic car
price: £12,750.002001 Y ROVER MINI COOPER SPORT 500 ON 25900 MILES FROM NEW !!
|1977 Toyota Land Cruiser Full Frame Off Nut and Bolt Restoration||21||$42,000.00|
|1974 Datsun Z-Series||12||$8,700.00|
|1969 Land Rover Land Rover Series 2a||12||$US $5,700.00|
|1965 Land Rover Series IIA||21||$6,950.00|
|1975 Land Rover Defender||11||$12,000.00|
|1972 Ford F-100||12||$US $6,000.00|
|1971 Land Rover Defender --||12||$17,950.00|
|1972 Land Rover Defender||14||$21,300.00|
|1963 Land Rover Defender||21||$15,800.00|
|Rover Mini Cooper BSCC / Sportspack||12||$23,800.00|
|1984 Rover 3500 SD1 SE V8||12||$12,990.00|
|1978 Toyota Land Cruiser||8||$54,000.00|
|1960 Land Rover Defender Series 2a||5||$US $6,550.00|
|1970 Land Rover Defender||13||$US $1,525.00|
|1954 Land Rover Other||12||$22,000.00|
|1979 Land Rover Defender Series III 1/4 Ton Military Light Weight||12||$US $4,050.00|
|1971 Land Rover Defender --||21||$17,951.00|
|ROVER MINI 1988 coupe||6||$12,500.00|
|Rang rover 2 door||5||$5,000.00|
|1970 VOLGA M-21||21||$14,000.00|