1964 Land Rover Defender
Sale price: $10,500.00 make an offer
Last update: 01.09.2016
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||No Engine included.|
|Trim:||wagon 4 doors with rear door|
|Interior Color:||green and black|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1964 Land Rover Defender for sale
Current customer rating: (15 votes) based on
The Cummins 4bt diesel engine would be perfect.
Transmission includes an overdrive 4 speed and seems to be all intact with transfer case and drive lines. Salsibury new rear diff also included. The salsibury diff is much stronger than the original Rover diff and is far superior.
1) Drivers side frame at the front spring attachment point for the rear spring is an issue. This is the most serious part and I would classify it as borderline structural. Can be repaired.
2) Drivers side rear outrigger. This is totally shot. reason is obvious - it is completely full of dirt. Outriggers are structural
but only part of the support so at this point it is not a big deal and they are easily replaced.
3) Front of front frame horns - easily repaired and not structural.
4) Rear cross member - minor and non structural and can be repaired.
Overall I would rate the frame as definitely not in need of replacement and only in need of some minor repair.
1) Bulkhead - There has been some repair on the bulkhead. primarily the floorboards. The rest of the bulkhead appears to be in better shape than I initially thought but a full evaluation would require stripping paint etc. and I don't think that is called for at this point.
2) Doors - the bottoms of both front doors have had some repair i. e. lower steel frame has been replaced. Also there is evidence of some
galvanic corrosion on the skins. Rear doors appear to have some galvanic corrosion on the bottoms.
3) B & C pillars - both appear sound. which is surprising and very good.
4) Window tracks all need to be replaced.
This is the report that was given to me from Great Basin Rovers. They are a land rover shop that has been doing restoration of Land Rovers for many years located in SLC Utah.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Rover cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £19,995.002001 Rover Mini Cooper Sport in Red and Platinum. Just 590 miles
price: £4,500.00Classic Rover MINI COOPER Sport - Multi Coloured Green
price: £6,750.00classic rover mini cooper
price: £3,495.00RANGE ROVER CLASSIC 4.2 V8 BOBTAIL - BRUNEL PERFORMANCE