Lotus 7 Series 1
Sale price: £18,001.00 make an offer
Last update: 12.08.2016
Pending offersDate: 2016-08-25
Tim hayes (from UK) offered 11,000.00 gbp
kevin kearney (from cabin john) offered 18.000.00 usd
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
This Series One Lotus Seven started it's life at the Cheshunt factory in 1959. On it's nose is carved registration #703HNK. and on it's tunnel cover is an indentation that could only be made by an Austin/Morris gearbox which would have been coupled to an A series or Climax motor. It's life then became shrouded. fitted with the Ford 100E motor and three speed. wire wheels. then shipped to California. It then ended it's first life half way down a ravine and covered in leaves. asleep for twenty or thirty years.
In 1995. the Lotus was found and winched from it's tomb by a group of motocrossers. who discovered it from a recently created dirt road. This area was completely destroyed by forest fire only two years later.
I purchased this car from the young man who found it and started five years of research and restoration. Restoration included:
1) New frame and suspension links by Mike Brotherhood (used some of the original frame sections that were undamaged by rust for originality)
2) Rollbar. 4130 alloy. and located at multiple points to add rigidity to the frame.
3) 1275 BMC race engine with less than 50 miles.
4) Accusump system to lessen chance of oil pressure loss.
5) New Dunlop 500 15L tyres just purchased.
6) Original wire wheels rebuilt with stronger wires.
7) Original gauges restored by shop in Royal Tunbridge Wells.
8) New aluminum panels and front wings by John Buddenbaum of Palo Alto. California.
9) Rears wings and scuttle panel repaired by same.
10) Many other things I just can't remember right now (just ask)
11) Limited Slip diff and panhard rod link
After restoration completed in 2002. I raced this Lotus in Vintage events in California. Actually less than ten events since then.Car located in Monterey Peninsula. California. Please email hornetresto@yahoo. com for further photos and questions.
Also published at eBay.co.uk
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from kevin kearney, dated 28 december 2016
lets talk please 301 229 8820
Other classic Lotus cars offered via internet auctions:
price: $17,900.00Lotus : Esprit Turbo Coupe 2-Door
price: $24,500.00Lotus Super 7 Clone
price: $21153Lotus Esprit Turbo Series 5 1988 2D Coupe 5 SP Manual 2 2L Turbo EFI
price: $27,995.001982 Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition