Daimler 420 Sovereign in QLD
Sale price: $18,000.00 make an offer
Car location: Darling Downs, AustraliaSeller's notes: See listing
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Number of Doors:||4|
|Safety Features:||Back Seat Safety Belts|
|Interior Color:||Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS)|
|Vehicle Title:||Clear (most titles)|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
Daimler 420 Sovereign in QLD for sale
Current customer rating: (110 votes) based on
1. Understand 1 of a 1000 made RHD - has owners manual and workshop manual just over 90. 00 miles from new. Reconditioned speedo fitted due flicking but original supplied.
2. Body restored professionally and repainted in original colour
3. Engine and gearbox serviced professionally. carbies and fuel tanks cleaned including tank filters (replaced one). Separate electric switch to auto choke.
4. Brake system cleaned. master cylinder overhauled and a steel brake line replaced - brakes work well
5. New complete tail lights imported from UK and fitted by panel shop
6. New WW tyres fitted.
7. Rear reconditioned trailing arms fitted. Front end checked over. Wheel alignment completed.
8. New blue USA leather by professional Brisbane auto trimmer. The carpets. door trims and dash top are in excellent condition. Timber is in good condition.
9. New chrome F& R Bars and over-riders. One new door handle/button and one re-chromed. The other two are in VGC.
10. New HD Battery
11. Original Electric aerial works well by switch
12. Has rear window demister
Also note the chassis no which shows it is no 102 in the build list.
1. Oil pressure and Amps gauge require replacing. Prior owner fitted incorrect OP gauge and AMPs gauge is faulty (have correct spares). The OP switch will need replacing with standard gauge.
2 Refit under bonnet A/C compressor and fit new A/C hoses. This vehicle has very rare rear A/C. You may need a classic car A/C specialist to refit
3. Fit new RH headlight (supplied) and attend to earth in RHR left tail light. Fit new blinker canister.
4. Replace front exhaust flexi pipes- rest of system in VGC.
5. Flush cooling system and fit new hose kit.
6. Remove fuel sender units. clean and check for function and replace with spares supplied if required.
7. Original radio still fitted but has not been checked for function.
8. Fit reconditioned bonnet springs - current are weak but have spares for reco.
I understand that a similar model sold on the Gold Coast last year for $18k. Save for the A/C and if I think the price is right I will complete the listed needs. or you buy as is and complete.
To pick up you will need a car trailer or tilt trailer. While the vehicle is driveable the above items require finishing.
I will consider all offers. but no low ballers as you should realise that there has been considerable expense getting the vehicle to where it sits now. Clear funds must be in my hands within 7 days of purchase and this includes paypal. It can take 3 - 5 days for pay pal funds to clear from a pay pal account to a bank account. Buyer to pay pay pal fees due to cost. Pay on pick up by cash is fine. however a 10% deposit on sale price prior is required. If the price is right I will arrange for an interstate buyer. transport of the vehicle to a Brisbane carrier at my cost. All spares will be put in a box in the boot.
More photos - not a problem for the fair dinkum enquiry. Inspection prior to purchase - not a problem but I am located about 3 hours from Brisbane.
Please no time wasters and if you buy it now then I expect the contract to be completed. Check my score out- long term ebayer and life time car enthusiast (since purchasing a 52 Morris Oxford at 17yoa). Apart from 2 classic cars and the Wedding vehicles I have sold all my collection now and I did have quite a few vehicles.
Later this year we will be selling our 420 Compact and a 67 420G - both currently in Wedding service so have to meet Qld transport requirements to be available for hire. Two of our Jaguars passed machinery with flying colours yesterday (inspected every 6 months).
Funds will be used to finish a white Rolls Royce (one of the remaining classic cars we own) and when the 66 420 and 67 420G sell down the track will look at purchasing a classic stretch limousine.
Part trade with balance cash considered. Prefer a RHD classic stretch to restore if there is a reasonable one out there that will meet Qld Transport rules and regulations eg correct conversion. condition and age.
Also published at eBay.com.au
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:from Graham Norman, dated 02 january 2017
Just found this on the internet. Is this car still available?
from Simon Flitcroft, dated 12 may 2016
We are based in Brisbane (bayside) keen to have a look at the car.
my mobile 0417 012 182
Other classic Daimler cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £5,500.00Daimler Limousine
price: $18,500.001974 Pinzgauer 710M
price: £3,900.00Daimler Six 4.0litre SWB (Jaguar X300) XJ6
price: $35,000.00Steyr Puch Haflinger 4WD 700AP Duel Tanks Rear Seats Power Take Off New Canopy