1953 MG TD Base 1.3L
Sale price: $20,000.00 make an offer
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||1.3L 1250CC 76Cu. In. l4 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated|
|Interior Color:||British Racing Green|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
1953 MG TD Base 1.3L for sale
Beautiful award winning 1953 MG TD.
This car sports a gorgeous light yellow paint job that is almost perfect.
The front grill matches the British racing green leather interior that is in very good condition.
This car is not a 20-footer -- it is just as nice close up as it is 20 feet away.
It recently has had a new fuel pump and front brakes replaced along with some of the rubber gaskets around the windshield and mirrors. Also the wood grain dash board has just been refinished. It has a 12 volt Optima battery for quick starting even if the car sits for a few weeks.
Engine and drivetrain are in good condition. Runs smooth and shifts fine but you must know how to handle a British 4 speed transmission.
Tires are in good shape. The black vinyl top is in very good condition with no rips or tears. All gauges work including the tachometer. There is no fuel gauge as a 53 MG did not have one when new and a factory measuring stick is included. All lights work.
This car does not have a radio as one was not included when the car was new.
Bright work is in very good condition. The chrome around the windshield is a bit dulled but that is normal for a 61 year old automobile.
Under full disclosure:
1. The handbrake needs to be adjusted as it is loose.
2. The tonneau cover has two under - 1 - inch tears at the two seams behind the seats.
3. This car is a 1953 but MG used 1930's technology in building the car. Some of the framing on the sides of the car is wood and the doors tend to shift position so the door hasps need to be adjusted.
4. This is a real MG. not a kit. and has the real MG engine; its top speed is about 45mph.
5. These engines do not have rear main seals in them so it is advised to keep 40wt motor oil in them to keep from leaking out. which they did when new and that was expected. There is nothing wrong with the engine when you see small leaks. Moss Motors in Santa Barbara CA. sells kits to fix this if you are so inclined. Also there are no syncro rings in the transmission. so you must come to a full stop before shifting back to first gear.
6. Buyer should understand the mechanics of these types of cars. They used the Wentworth standard unlike American or British standard.
7. Car is 12volts positive ground with a quick disconnect on the battery for easy charging. Battery Tender is recommended as these types of chargers shut off when fully charged and give a visual indication of when the battery is fully charged.
8. This is a 61 year old classic car; it is sold as is. There is no warranty implied or otherwise.
9. Buyer is responsible for all shipping/transporting charges and arrangements.
Pay $1000 nonrefundable deposit at close of auction. Balance due before shipment. Ask all questions now as there are no refunds. Can supply more pictures upon request.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic MG (Morris Garage) cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £7,995.00MGB GT 1974 FERRARI RED £7,000 + EXPENDITURE COMPLETED DEC 2013 STUNNING
price: $20,500.001953 MG T-Series
price: $7,500.001978 MG MGB
price: $18,500.001978 MG MGB
|1979 MG Midget||4||$14,995.00|
|1953 MG TD||4||$31,995.00|
|1974 MG MGB||4||$10,995.00|
|1952 MG T-Series||3||$23,500.00|
|1977 MG Midget||12||$4,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1959 MG MGA||12||$US $18,500.00|
|1962 MG Midget||21||$US $6,000.00|
|1952 MG T-Series --||12||$35,995.00|
|1974 MG Midget||21||$US $4,000.00|
|1956 MG MGA||20||$21,750.00|
|1951 MG T-Series --||21||$US $5,050.00|
|1974 MG MGB||12||$US $6,500.00|
|1977 MG MGB||12||$13,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB||14||$US $1,500.00|
|1973 MG MGB MGB, MG, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, Porche, Roster, Other,||21||$US $305.00|
|1980 MG MGB||12||$US $2,650.00|
|1979 MG MGB||13||$US $1,000.00|
|1978 MG MGB||6||$3,500.00|
|1972 MG MGB||12||$US $6,700.00|