2 seater coupe, xke, e-type, 4.2liter, series 1.
Sale price: $70,000.00 make an offer
Pending offersDate: 2014-06-26
Paul Abadjian (from UK) offered 70000 usd
Sale type: Fixed price listing
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||4.2l, twin overhead cam|
|Transmission:||4 speed w synchro 1st.|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this car?
2 seater coupe, xke, e-type, 4.2liter, series 1. for sale
1967 Jaguar 4. 2litre e-type Series 1 fixed head coupe - the very best of the e-types.
Over the years. his wonderful car has been restored to very high mechanical and cosmetic standards. But she remains a real car having been driven 3. 00miles over the past 6 years by me. the current owner. She spent most of her corrosion free life in the Denver. Colorado region but since 2008 resides in Edmonton. Alberta. Canada where she has shared space in a heated garage with my xk140.
Finished in the original opalescent maroon with burgundy interior. the engine. gearbox. chassis and body numbers all match as attested by the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust certificate.
The car runs just how you would hope. Oil pressure is always between 40 and 60psi. Water temperature never gets too high before electric fan cuts in. All toggle switches and controls work properly as do all the instruments (except of course the clock). She rides firm. free from rattles and pulls strong with no smoke. And the sound………… priceless.
When I first acquired her. most of the restoration work had been done. However. some fine tuning was called for as detailed in the following list.
· Differential and rear gearbox seals were replaced.
· A high torque starter was installed.
· Rack and pinion and the steering column were overhauled
· Cylinder head was machined and new valves and valve guides installed.
· Aluminum valve covers and SU carbs were polished and head repainted in correct pumpkin color.
· Stainless steel exhaust system. including new mufflers and silencers were installed.
· The exhaust manifold was ceramic coated.
· The front and rear brakes were overhauled with new brake calipers and pads. The brake master cylinder and brake booster were also replaced. The five wheels and tires. and the four spinners. are like new.
· Among the lesser items; a new battery tie down and a new driver's side window winding mechanism were installed. The alternator bearings were replaced. Electronic ignition (Petronix) was installed. A new tie rod and ball joint boots were installed as were new motor and steering rack mounts. A new high-amp battery was installed. Weatherstripping and rubber seals were replaced as required. Sound deadening material was installed on the spare wheel well floor. The cubbie box and the interior arm rests were refinished.
· The carpeting appears to be original. However new. correctly designed and fabricated driver and passenger floor mats. with under-padding. were added.
· The leather seats show the expected wear of 50 year old Connelly hides. Recently. the patina degraded to a small tear on the driver side bolster. This has been repaired and in the process. the foam squab underlying the leather was rebuilt.
· A couple of years ago. the original steering wheel was replaced by a new period-correct MotoLita wheel. The original. still in great shape. will come with the car.
· Last year. the entire bonnet was removed to fix a ding the size of a dime (It happens when you accidentally drop a tool onto the bonnet). It was taken down to bare metal. repainted and put back on the car. It is flawless and a perfect match to the rest of the body.
Most of the above work has been done professionally by the best classic car restoration shops in Northern Alberta. Some of the less complicated stuff I did myself.
Back in 2010. the car was professionally photographed and a coffee table style book produced. Pictures from that book cannot be shown here as they re copyrighted. The book will come with the car as will a collection of publications about the marque.
I have enjoyed this magnificent sports car for six years and now it's some else' turn. (One of my fondest memories of her was a road trip from Edmonton. Alberta. through the Rockies and coastal range mountains to Victoria. British Columbia – and back. 1. 50 miles without a hitch).
As nice as this car is. she's not perfect. Like all these big cats. she marks her territory with dribbles of oil. There at least one parking lot ding (too small to photograph) and there is a couple of small blisters under the paint near the top of one of the rear wheel openings (see photo). The brakes. though effective. are not up to modern standards. The front suspension wishbones should probably be bead blasted to get them looking new. The windshield washers have never worked. A small area of the vinyl covering on the instrument panel has come unglued(see photo) and should be fixed. There is the tiniest of cracks in the left tail light lens (see photo). There are probably a few other non-concourse items that I haven't identified but as far as I can tell. that's it for warts. She comes with a complete set of period British (non-Jaguar) tools in a new pouch. Thor's hammer and a jack are not included. I didn't have enough space to include them here but I can send photos of the undercarriage showing she is totally free of rust.
The car does come with the custom made car cover that is shown in one of the photos.
I would encourage potential bidders to personally inspect the car or have someone do it on your behalf. This auction is with no reserve. The starting bid is well below the guidelines for this vehicle. I will be pleased to assist the buyer to make arrangements for shipping anywhere in the World though the cost of transportation will be borne by the buyer. If you have any questions. please feel free to ask and I will answer as promptly as I am able. Happy bidding.
Also published at eBay.com
Want to buy this car?
Comments and questions to the seller:
Other classic Jaguar cars offered via internet auctions:
price: £79,950.00Jaguar E-Type
price: £12,995.00DAIMLER V12 DOUBLE SIX VDP AUTO 1974 68,000 MILES FROM NEW VERY RARE CAR
price: $US $113,995.001967 Jaguar E-Type
price: £14,750.00JAGUAR XJS CONVERITBLE
|1966 Jaguar Other||11||$US $5,100.00|
|1963 Jaguar XK --||12||$52,500.00|
|1964 Jaguar Other||12||$84,500.00|
|1967 Jaguar E-Type XKE Roadster||4||$169,995.00|
|1986 Jaguar XJ6||7||$7,000.00|
|1989 Jaguar XK||7||$15,000.00|
|1972 Jaguar E-Type Series lll XKE||12||$93,500.00|
|1974 Jaguar XKE||12||$US $35,200.00|
|1974 Jaguar E-Type||10||$95,000.00|
|1953 Jaguar XK||21||$109,000.00|
|1954 Jaguar XK||12||$73,000.00|
|1966 Jaguar XK Series 1||21||$195,900.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type 2 +2||21||$55,000.00|
|1973 Jaguar E-Type||21||$US $40,000.00|
|1972 Jaguar E-Type XKE||21||$76,900.00|
|1954 Jaguar XK XK120||6||$US $20,100.00|
|1963 Jaguar Other||12||$US $17,750.00|
|1963 Jaguar E-Type||8||$193,000.00|
|1956 Jaguar E-Type 140||21||$21,750.00|
|1969 Jaguar XK||12||$10,750.00|